December 31, 2008
Our prayer that this will happen in God's timing.
December 23, 2008
We got Alley in July 2000. We adopted her from a shelter in Stanford, Kentucky. She was most likely born around the time Phil and I got married June 3, 2000. She was our little baby. When I came home from work I would yell Alley, Alley, AlleyB and she would come running. She loved to get in my lap and purr. At nighttime she would sleep on my pillow and on me when I would let her. Addison has really grown fond of her saying her name often. She also refers to other cats as Alley. So I am sure we will hear her talk about Alley for quite sometime.
It is so hard to lose a pet. She has been a wonderful companion.
December 01, 2008
November 03, 2008
October 31, 2008
October 28, 2008
Next, we primed it with a can of spray paint primer.
Finally, we began spraying the satin black on the dresser.
Here we have the finished product complete with new hardware that cost $6.00. I am very pleased with the dresser. It is not perfect but it works for us. I originally intended for it to be for our guest room but I decided to add it to our family room.
Add some Fall decorations and it is complete.
I also have a gold rimmed mirror I bought at Big Lots for $10. I am going to spray paint it black and hang it over the dresser. Pictures to come as soon as I get it done.
October 27, 2008
Check out her new wardrobe! We can't wait until they get here.
- I had a coupon for a free box of cheerios
- 8 packages of Cottonelle 4 rolls mostly free. I was having trouble getting my monthly coupons to print off from their website so I sent them an email and they sent me 3 coupons in the mail. Also, they sent an extra email with another 3 coupons plus in Sunday's newspaper there were 2 more 1 for .50 and the other for .25. So I got all that for .50.
- 2 boxes of frozen green giant vegetables for .50 each.
- Pampers Jumbos for $6.99. The diapers were on sale for 9.99. I had an esaver coupon loaded on my Kroger card which can also be combined with a paper coupon and I had one for $1.50.
October 25, 2008
Tha hayride was fun in mommy's lap.
Addison liked any of the animals that looked like doggies or kitty kitties. She thought the chickens were dogs. She liked this little dog.
She didn't want to be near any of the other animals. As you can tell by the photo she will not look at the horse.
October 23, 2008
October 07, 2008
She has always been a very good cat. She is timid of strangers but after time warms up. Addison adores Puss N' Boots. When Addison was little and only sitting up Puss N' Boots would come and lay beside her not minding having her hair pulled by Addison. Every morning when Addison wakes up Puss N' Boots come in the room to greet her. Addison always says, "Hi Ki Ki"
Now at age 14 Puss N' Boots is sick. Her lungs are filled with fluid most likely due to congestive heart failure. We are trying medicine currently but as of yesterday there has been no change. If she continues to struggle for air we will have to put her down.
Pets are such a joy to have and become such a part of the family. I hate to lose her but I also know she can't go on like this. I wonder if Addison will miss her or will she just forget she had a cat.
September 28, 2008
September 19, 2008
September 16, 2008
I went to Kroger armed with my coupons, list, and sales ad. I already have my coupons matched up to the sales items thanks to The Grocery Game. I only get the items I will be using.
My grand total was $111.42. I saved $22.55 with my Kroger Plus Card buying the items that were on sale. I also saved $22.33 with my coupons for a grand total of $66.59 which is right in line with my weekly grocery budget. Yippee!!! I saved a total of $44.88. WOW!!
Shopping Trip Highlights:
1. Graham crackers are made with whole grain.
2. The whole baggie full of graham crackers kept Addi happy until the very end.
3. It only took 1 hour due to the prep time I spent getting organized for the trip.
4. FREE TOILET PAPER IS AWESOME!!!!
5. FREE TOILET PAPER IS AWESOME!!!!
Would you like free toilet paper? I got 2 4 roll packages of Cottonelle toilet free. If you go to Cottonelle you can print off a coupon (1 per person per month). I printed off 1 for me and 1 for Phil. My Kroger sales Cottonelle 4 roll toilet paper for .99 and the coupon .50 which Kroger always doubles.
Enjoy free TP!
August 28, 2008
August 22, 2008
Now, I have enetered a whole new world of couponing. I have started the Grocery Game which basically matches up sales with the weekly coupons. Each week you can get FREE items plus reduced items. I have completed one week thus far and my Kroger total was $71.00. After my Kroger plus card savings combined with my coupons my total was around $35.00. I am going to give it 12 weeks and if I continue with the same savings then I have found a new way to shop.
Part of the game includes cutting all coupons out of the sunday paper. I have been doing this since mid July and I now have massive amounts of coupons that needed to get organized. After finding ideas on frugal blogs I came up with one that I think will work for me. Here it is:
1. I chose a very lightweight binder made of thin plastic. I chose pink to make it more attractive. I then added an attractive simple cover page.
2. The first page I included was a pencil pouch. I will use this to store pencil and paper for my grocery list. I also have my rain checks as well as coupons I will be using for the shopping trip. I will still take the binder in because you never know when you might need another coupon.3. I used trading card holders to organize my coupons in by catergories. I started with food first and tried to create specific catergories.4. I followed the food section with toletries and household cleaners.
5. After these sections I added regular page protectors for restaurants, clothing, and household items such as Bed Bath and Beyond.
6. The last page is a place to store the weekly sale ads.
My grocery shopping day will be Monday or Tuesday. I will be posting my results.