October 27, 2008

Coupon Shopping Day

Today was another BIG shopping day at my local Kroger's. Since this is the last week of the month I didn't have a lot left in my grocery budget so I only got the real bargains and what I really needed.

My total before savings=$72.48


Kroger Plus Savings=$18.18


Coupons=$20.12


Total Savings=38.30


Total out of pocket spent=$34.18


Shopping Trip Highlights


  • I had a coupon for a free box of cheerios

  • 8 packages of Cottonelle 4 rolls mostly free. I was having trouble getting my monthly coupons to print off from their website so I sent them an email and they sent me 3 coupons in the mail. Also, they sent an extra email with another 3 coupons plus in Sunday's newspaper there were 2 more 1 for .50 and the other for .25. So I got all that for .50.

  • 2 boxes of frozen green giant vegetables for .50 each.

  • Pampers Jumbos for $6.99. The diapers were on sale for 9.99. I had an esaver coupon loaded on my Kroger card which can also be combined with a paper coupon and I had one for $1.50.

No comments: