- You weigh 11lbs 5 ounces
- You are 22 1/2 inches long
- You are currently in the 50th percentile of growth
- You are smiling all the time now when we get up close and talk to you.
- For the last 2 weeks you have been sleeping through the night anywhere between 6-8 hours
- You usually sleep some in the morning and afternoon but no set napping schedule yet.
- During the day you nurse every 2-3 hours
- You still sleep in your bassinet in Mommy and Daddy's room.
- You still like your swing and mommy puts you there when you won't nap in your bassinet.
- You have really started enjoying your bouncy seat.
- When Mommy puts you on the floor you like to kick your legs.
- You are starting to follow people and objects with your eyes.
- You are wearing size 1 diapers.
- You are starting to out grow your newborn clothes but you still wear 0-3 month clothes
- You really like your pacifier.
- We used to try to rock you to sleep but when we went to put you down you would wake up. So to get you to sleep we lay you in your bassinet and put your pacifier in your mouth and then you will go to sleep on your own. Sometimes we do have to put your paci in your mouth several times but you then will go to sleep.
- Your sister still loves you but doesn't like it when you get so much attention. :)
- She still loves to get directly in your face to talk to her. We are trying to teach her that you can still see her and hear from a normal distance. ;)
- Addison loves to show you off to other people.
- This month you also made your debut at church and we are taking you out more now that you are older.
- You still like to be cuddled. If you are crying all I have to do is put you up on my shoulder and you stop.
November 21, 2009
These are some of Addison's friends at church whom she adores!
At home we made cupcakes or "ca ca's" as Addie calls them. She loves cake!
And of course we carved Mr. Pumpkin
Avery Grace was 1 month old on October 18, 2009. I can't believe it has already been that long since I gave birth to her. My how time flies. I wish I could keep her this little forever but I must let her grow into the person God has planned for her to be. I plan to update this every month for her 1st year so she can look back on this when she is older.
- At 2 weeks old you weighed in at 8 lbs 11 ounces and you were still 20 inches long
- You have began to smile when looking at your mom and dad
- You are nursing and like to eat every 2 to 3 hours
- Typically through the night you eat at 12:00am, 3:00am, and 6:ooam
- You do like your swing
- You are starting to like your pacifier more and more each day.
- Most of your days are spent at home because we don't want to expose you to germs so early.
- You are currently sleeping in Mommy and Daddy's room in a bassinet.
- You are wearing newborn and 0-3 month clothes.
- You are still wearing newborn diapers.
- You don't like your bouncy seat yet but Mommy is still very hopeful.
- You like to be rocked and cuddled by Mommy and Daddy.
- Your sister really loves you and wants to get up in your face to talk to you :)
October 29, 2009
May 09, 2009
We had an ultrasound at 15 weeks and they were 90% sure it was a girl. I would post a pic of the ultrasound but we didn't get a very good one. We are starting to throw around some names but I think this time around we are keeping the name a secret. I know with Addison we told people early what the name was going to be and I got my feelings hurt with a couple of comments made. You should never make a negative comment to a pregnant woman about the name she has picked out for her child. Remember she has elevated hormones. :)
It does seem like this time around my hormones are more elevated. Is that even possible?? Oh, well lets just say Phil is trying to put up with them. I am sorry Phil!! :)
Tomorrow is Mother's Day and Addison will make her first singing debut in church. The preschoolers are singing a couple of songs but there is no guarantee Addison will even make it on stage. She has been singing these songs for months but when it came time to practice on the stage she was having no part of it. So we will see. :)
Happy Mother's Day!
March 27, 2009
Addison experienced her first concert last night. Phil had a trip planned for our teenagers so I decided to go and take Addison. I knew she would love the music but I was a little worried about the lateness.
When she first entered Alltel Arena in Little Rock she was in a little shock of how big the place was but she quickly adjusted. She did better than I had even imagined. She had so much fun. She participated, danced, and even raised her hands. Here is a small snippet of last night. Once in the car at 10:00 she was fast asleep and slept all the way home.
February 20, 2009
We had another ultrasound and the baby is measuring at 8 weeks with a good heartbeat. I will not have the official report until next week so right now I think those are all good signs.
February 07, 2009
Since we just miscarried December 26th we were not expecting to get pregnant so soon but I guess God had other plans for us. :)