July 24, 2008
July 11, 2008
July 09, 2008
I took in my list and wrote down all of the prices as well as the amount of the product. Having done this before I knew to be leery of the amounts because sometimes that is where the company can get you. After I was done I then went to Walmart which is where I ended up buying all of my household needs.
Here is the cost analysis:
The Dollar Store
1. Pantene Shampoo 12.6oz $4.00
2. Pantene Conditioner 12.6oz $4.00
3. DG Brand Mountwash 1.5 liters $1.75
4. Angel Soft TP 24 Reg. Rolls $6.00
5. 200 Napkins $1.00
6. Shout 30oz $2.50
1. Walmart Brand Pantene Shampoo 25.4oz $3.12
2. Walmart Brand Conditioner 25.4oz
3. Walmart Mouthwash 1.5 liters $2.78
4. Angel Soft 12 Double Rolls
5. 250 Napkins $1.75
6. Shout 30oz $2.00
- It was cheaper at Walmart and I got more product
- At DG they did not have a generic version of shampoo/conditioner
- Walmart did have a generic version and I got double the product
- DG mouthwash was a whole 1.00 cheaper but by the time I was finishing up Walmart Addison was on the verge of a meltdown so I opted for mouthwash at Walmart.
- Napkins were cheaper at DG.
- If I had bought the 2 cheaper items at DG I could have shaved off $1.78 to make my total spent $13.93.
- By shopping at both places I would have saved $5.71 which buys at least 1 gallon of gas but it may not always be worth it depending on time and child meltdowns.
- Since DG is right on my way to Walmart I feel it didn't waist any gas when I need just certain items it may be worth it to go to DG.
Where are you making cuts in your budget? Please, don't be shy about commenting I would love hear your ideas!
July 05, 2008
July 03, 2008
As if pictures were not enough here is also a short clip of video but I want to warn you that she does fall at the end with tears shed. It seems like all of my videos end like this...
July 01, 2008
She also may have discovered her future husband. What do you think Tabitha?
Chasing after beach balls and playing in the slip and slide.
She swam with her daddy.