December 19, 2004

The Day Before Chemo

The day before chemo I went to church. The Crestwood Praise Band sang a wonderful song 'That's Why We Praise Him'. Here are the words:

Verse 1
He came to live, live a perfect life
He came to be the living Word of light
He came to die, so we'd be reconciled
He came to rise to show His power and might
Chorus
And that's why we praise Him, that's why we sing
That's why we bow down and worship this King
Cause He gave His everything
Cause He gave His everything
Verse 2
He came to live, live again in us
He came to be our conquering King and Friend
He came to heal and show the lost ones His love
He came to go prepare a place for us.

As I listened to this song God reminded me that He gave me everything. He died on a cross for me so that I could live with Him forever. He died for my sins. I must be willing to give Him my everything even during sickness. God has already shown me many things during this. He has shown me that I can only trust Him and be obedient to His word. He will take care of the rest.

Please, pray that I will respond well to treatment. I will keep you posted. If you would like to listen to this song you may click on the link. http://www.crestwoodbaptist.com/ministries_view.asp?subministryid=777

No comments: