December 21, 2004

Chemo

Yesterday, I had my first day of chemo. It wasn't all that bad. I think I was a little sad to even have to be going through this. It helped having Phil there with me and of course it is nice to know that God promises me a hope for the future from Jeremiah 29:11. I must continue to proclaim that verse.

Phil and I just pretty much laid back and watched TV during chemo. Our friend Rick Long brought us lunch. Thanks Rick. The scariest part for me was having my port stuck with a needle for the very first time. I figured if the port was defective I would know from the first stick. It worked properly and didn't even hurt. God is good!

While we were getting Chemo we ran into a lovely family Rick and Lisa Woodruff and their daughter. This was a God thing. Rick has had Non-Hodgkin's and this summer I stumbled across his website. I read his entire journal and was amazed at how courageous he was and how his Faith sustained him through this entire ordeal. I realize now me finding his website was not by chance. God's hand was in that to help me through this process. Even now Lisa says she can look back now and see so many things God has done through their experience. Please, continue to pray for the Woodruff family.

The fun part was when we got home. Phil and I both thought the Home Health Nurse was coming to flush my port. When we arrived home we had all these medical supplies waiting for us on the front porch. We had syringes, IV fluids, an IV pole, and other misc. supplies. Then Nurse Deb came over and proceeded to tell Phil he would be hooking me up to an IV after each treatment and flushing my port at the end of each treatment. As you can imagine Phil was a little overwhelmed as was I. Well he succeeded and now you can call him Dr. Phil. He did wonderful. I truly am blessed with a wonderful husband.

During the IV I was a little nauseous but not severe. Tim and Kim brought us dinner that was very delicious. I was even able to eat. Thanks Tim and Kim. After my IV was done I felt so good we went to Phil's parents house in Taylorsville and had Christmas with his sister and her family. We had a wonderful time!

We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they are good for us-- they help us learn to endure. Romans 5:5 NLT

No comments: