June 27, 2008

Back Home

Well, Addison and I made it back home to Arkansas. We had a wonderful visit but boy were we busy. We were busy everyday. Addison is happy to be back to her normal routine which makes mommy happy too. I got my scan results back on Tuesday. Going into the scan Addison and I both had a cold/sinus infection which I knew would cause something to show up on the PET/CT scan. A lymph node lit up during the pet scan in my upper left neck area with an SUV level of 3.7. The lymph node was slightly enlarged from the previous scans but not considered enlarged by CT standards. My oncologist believes this is consistent with me being sick but because the SUV level was higher than she would have liked she will rescan in August. I had hoped I would not have to scan for another year but oh well.

In the meantime my oncologist is doing some research to help find me an oncologist here in Arkansas. It is too hard to go back and forth if I have things like this come up. Last, August there was an area in my tonsil that showed up on the PET scan which was biopsied and proven to not be cancer. It is still showing up on the scan now but no one seems to know what it is. Anyhow, I am going to have false positives and it would make it easier to have an oncologist close to where I live.

No comments: