March 18, 2005

Celebration of Life

Julie Jordan fought a courageous battle with breast cancer.

When I was first diagnosed with cancer Julie called me. I didn't know Julie very well. I knew she had cancer and had been fighting it for the last 6 years. She was so warm on the phone asking about me and never really mentioning her own struggles.

Julie was very eager to help me locate a wig. So on January 24, 2005 Julie, myself, and another friend who is also getting treatment for breast cancer drove to Lexington to find a wig. Being new to this Julie helped me to feel at ease and comfortable. She was so warm and helpful.

The last time I spoke to Julie was in mid February. Julie told me she was just ready for a break from treatments. Last night she recieved her break. I know it is not what she had in mind but now she is no longer sick. She is now in the presence of Jesus.

Therefore I live for today-
Certain of finding sunrise
Guidance and strength for the way.

Power for each moment of weakness,
Hope for each moment of pain,
Comfort for every sorrow,
Sunshine and joy after the rain!

-Anonymous

1 comment:

Heather Mackin said...

Oh Stephanie,
I'm so sorry about the loss of your friend. Please know that my heart is with you.
With love,
Heather